2012-2015 Strategic Plan Summative Results
Joycelyn T. Cassidy - School Executive
School Vision: In the pursuit of excellence, there is no finish
School Mission: Hunters Creek Middle School will provide our
students with the best possible education while give them
opportunities to showcase their knowledge and talents, with a goal
to create the future leaders of America
School Purpose: To Prepare Children for the Future
Goals: 5 Bullets per goal; 3 data-driven, 2 General (we will
remove this reminder before publishing)
Goal 1: HCMS students
will be globally competitive through the mastery of a relevant and
• 100% of the subject area teachers participated in
the Data PLC (2014-15) and Understanding the Common Core Standards
(2013-2014) facilitated by DLT and Instructional Coach.
• 38.6 % of the 8th grade was enrolled in Math 1 (14-15);
70.1% scored Level 3 or higher on EOC.
• 72.4% of 8th Graders scored Level 3 or higher on Science
• Updated on-line versions of AM and AR were purchased
• 3rd successful year with visiting Chinese Teacher
Goal 2: HCM School and
students will be led by creative, passionate, and technologically
• 100% of the 7th and 8th grade teachers successfully
included instruction via 1:1 devices.
• 100% of the staff received PD on implementation.
• 100% of the staff included media such as Edmodo; Remind
101; USA Testprep; Class Dojo; Kahoot as a part of their
• 100% of HCMS staff completed the required modules for
• 30% of HCMS Parents submitted responses for the ASSIST
survey (2015); 88% of the student population submitted responses
for the ASSIST survey; 98% of the staff submitted responses for the
Goal 3: HCMS student
will learn in a safe and civil environment to be ethical, healthy
and productive citizens.
• 100% of the staff participated in HCMS Creek Cash
• Major infractions such as fighting or Aggressive behavior
continue to decrease from over 49 incidences 2012-2013) to 23
• 150 students recognized during "Panther Banding"
• Tech Savvy Teacher of the Week recognized; Student of the
Week recognition; Monthly Staff recognition
• Successful continuation of SAVE program with an increase of
Goal 4: Leadership
will foster innovation at HCMS in cooperation with families and
• 36 weekly TAPPN Reports (Take a Pause for Panther
News) disseminated via school message calls.
• 10 Guest Speakers for 2014-2015 presented to AVID
• 100% of the AVID students participated in HCMS Relay for
• 2 Parent Informational meetings were provided to HCMS
community: 1:1 parent Guide; Parent Technology Night
• MFLC provided weekly classroom sessions for staff and
students to support transition (military and non-military).
Goal 5: HCMS will be
supported by effective and efficient processes and systems.
• Weekly TAPPN calls via school messenger and posted
on HCMS website and continuation of student created Panther
• 100% of the staff participated in ERPD
• 100% of the EC department participated in EC PLC at
• 100% of the BT teacher PLC met monthly with BT coordinator
• 95% utilization of USA Testprep was completed by the
student population as a benchmark assessment and/or instructional
tool utilized by teachers for instruction.
Implementation of the Common Core standards within
limitations of loss positions and funding constraints
Successful Community Forums and community outreach
Positive implementation and participation with the HCMS PBIS
Building of relationships within the HCMS business community
Impact and growth of SAVE program
Various technology throughout school/active DTLF
Diverse faculty and student body
Active MLFC (Military Life Family Counselor)
Opportunities for community service outreach
Necessary Next Steps
Continue to support district and schoolwide initiatives
such as AVID; 1:1; Digital Citizenship curriculum.
Proper implementation of PLC for the purpose of planning and
understanding data to identify at-risk students
Continue implementation of Creek Cash program as a student
incentive and support of behavioral expectations
Provide and develop PD that supports Common Core instructional
strategies and resources for teacher to impact student